The following CSM Statement of Faith is in agreement with the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Alliance.
We have added further statements of belief concerning ‘Creation’.
Statement Of Doctrines
- The scientific aspects of creation are important but are secondary in importance to the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ as Sovereign Creator and Redeemer.
- The Doctrines of Creator and Creation cannot ultimately be divorced from the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is the written Word of God. It is divinely inspired and inerrant throughout. Its assertions are factually true in all the original autographs. It is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The final guide to the interpretation of Scripture is Scripture itself.
- The account of origins presented in Genesis is a simple but factual presentation of actual events and therefore provides a reliable framework for scientific research into the question of the origin and history of life.
- The various original life forms (kinds) including man were made by direct creative acts of God. Biological changes which have occurred since the creation have been limited to variation only within the potential possessed by the original kinds.
- The great flood of Genesis was an actual historic event, worldwide in its extent and effect.
- The special creation of Adam (as one man) and Eve (as one woman) and their subsequent fall into sin is the basis for the necessity of salvation for mankind.
- Death, both physical and spiritual, entered into this world subsequent to and as a direct consequence of man’s sin.
- The Godhead is Triune-God the Father God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- All of mankind are sinners inherently from Adam and individually (by choice) and are therefore subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Freedom from the penalty and power of sin is available to man only through the sacrificial death and shed blood of Jesus Christ and His complete and bodily resurrection from the dead.
- The Holy Spirit enables the sinner to repent and believe in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit lives and works in each believer to produce the fruits of righteousness.
- Salvation is a gift received by faith and expressed in the individual’s repentance, recognition of the death of Christ as full payment for sin and acceptance of the risen Christ as Saviour Lord and God.
- Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
- Jesus Christ rose from the dead, ascended to Heaven and is presently seated at the right hand of God the Father and shall return in person to this earth as Judge of the living and of the dead.
- Satan is the personal spiritual adversary of both God and man.
- Those who do not believe in Christ are subject to everlasting conscious punishment but the believers receive life with God.
The following attitudes are held by Trustees to be either consistent with Scripture or implied by Scripture.
- The Scripture teaches a recent origin for man and for the whole Creation.
- The days of Genesis do not correspond to Geologic ages but are six (6) consecutive twenty-four (24) hour days of Creation.
- The Noachian flood was a significant geological event and much (but not all) fossiliferous sediment originated at that time.
- The Gap Theory has no basis in Scripture.
- The common view of the division of knowledge into ‘secular’ and ‘religious’ is a false view.
- The chronology of secular world history must conform to that of biblical world history.